Japan Nature Guides: Field Team
Japan Nature Guides is a dedicated association of collaborating field specialists. Between us we have many decades of consulting and advising birders, birdwatchers, naturalists, photographers and television film crews and leading them in search of Japan's most exciting birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and landscapes.
We specialize in advising small groups, individuals and couples and cover the entire country from Hokkaido to the Nansei Shoto. We also design itineraries for travel companies, private groups and private yachts.
Mark Brazil, a specialist in in-bound nature tourism to Japan, currently consults for and collaborates with Hankyu Travel International, Japan Travel Bureau, and soon we hope a third Japanese travel agency.
Our field team includes:
- Dr Mark Brazil full-time consultant in eco-tourism, international ornithologist, widely published natural history and travel author, nature and birding guide, and ship-board lecturer
- Mayumi Brazil nationally licensed tour guide, nationally authorized tour conductor, and ship-board cultural lecturer/demonstrator with an interest in nature
- Chris Cook part-time national bird and mountain consultant
- Neil Davidson part-time regional bird consultant
- Takeyoshi Matsuo part-time regional bird consultant
- Richard Cook part-time regional bird consultant
- Kaz Shinoda full-time nationally licensed tour guide and birder
Japan Nature Guides is also the producer of books, digital and online guides, including:
- The continually expanding A Birdwatcher's Guide to Japan Online by Mark Brazil and Chris Cook.
- Pocket Guide: Mammals of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- Pocket Guide: Birds of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- The Nature of Japan: From Dancing Cranes to Flying Fish (Essays on the Natural History of the Japanese Archipelago) by Mark Brazil with illustrations by Masuda Hisashi.
© 2017 Mark Brazil
Last updated: 20170729