Japan Nature Guides: Field Team
Japan Nature Guides is a dedicated association of collaborating field specialists. Between us we have many decades of consulting and advising birders, birdwatchers, naturalists, photographers and television film crews and leading them in search of Japan's most exciting birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and landscapes.
We specialize in advising small groups, individuals and couples and cover the entire country from Hokkaido to the Nansei Shoto. We also design itineraries for travel companies, private groups and private yachts.
Mark Brazil, a specialist in in-bound nature tourism to Japan, currently consults for and collaborates with Hankyu Travel International, Japan Travel Bureau, and soon we hope a third Japanese travel agency.
Our field team includes:
- Dr Mark Brazil full-time consultant in eco-tourism, international ornithologist, widely published author, nature guide, and ship-board lecturer
- Mayumi Brazil nationally licensed tour guide, nationally authorized tour conductor, and ship-board cultural lecturer/demonstrator
- Chris Cook local and part-time national bird and mountain consultant
- Takeyoshi Matsuo local and part-time Hokkaido-based bird consultant
- Richard Cook local and part-time Okinawa-based bird consultant
- Kaz Shinoda full-time nationally licensed tour guide and birder
- Eriko Bando full-time nationally licensed tour guide and birder
Japan Nature Guides is also the producer of books, digital and online guides, including:
- The continually expanding A Birdwatcher's Guide to Japan Online by Mark Brazil and Chris Cook.
- Pocket Guide: Mammals of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- Pocket Guide: Birds of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- The Nature of Japan: From Dancing Cranes to Flying Fish (Essays on the Natural History of the Japanese Archipelago) by Mark Brazil with illustrations by Masuda Hisashi. To be published in 2012.
© 2016 Mark Brazil
Last updated: 20160318