Japan Nature Guides
Japan Nature Guides is a dedicated team of field specialists with many years of guiding birders, birdwatchers, naturalists, photographers and television film crews in search of Japan's most exciting birds, mammals and landscapes.
We specialize in leading small groups, individuals and couples and cover the entire country from Hokkaido to the Nansei Shoto.
Our team includes:
- full-time international and national bird and nature guide, and lecturer, Dr Mark Brazil
- full-time national bird guide Kaz Shinoda
- local and part-time bird and mountain guide Chris Cook
- local and part-time bird guide Takeyoshi Matsuo
Japan Nature Guides is also the producer of books, digital and online guides, including:
- The continually expanding A Birdwatcher's Guide to Japan Online by Mark Brazil and Chris Cook.
- Pocket Guide: Mammals of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- Pocket Guide: Birds of Japan A bilingual laminated pocket guide by Mark Brazil and Masayuki Yabuuchi.
- The Nature of Japan: From Dancing Cranes to Flying Fish (Essays on the Natural History of the Japanese Archipelago) by Mark Brazil with illustrations by Masuda Hisashi. To be published in 2012.
© 2015 Mark Brazil
Last updated: 20150723